Welcome to the Callan School of English, Kraków
At the Callan School we offer English courses at competitive prices with flexible scheduling adapted to your needs:
- The Callan method is based on listening comprehension and speaking practice, as well as pronunciation. The method is divided into twelve stages of instruction, from beginner to advanced levels
- general English courses for students at the high intermediate and advanced level
- preparation courses for the Cambridge exams
- private instruction (at all levels)
- classes for children
- German and Russian language courses
- Polish for foreigners
The Callan School of English is fully accredited by the Kuratorium O¶wiaty (Board of Education) of Kraków.
The Kraków Board of Education regularly inspects schools offering English language courses in order to verify the quality of the teaching, course offerings, management, available resources, and well-being of the students. Schools which meet the standards are accredited by this organization.
The Callan Method
Established in 1960, the Callan Method is known today throughout the entire world. We decided to use it in our school because we think it is the fastest and most reliable method of English instruction. Speed, correction and repetition form the basis of the Method:
- Speed: Lessons are taught at a rapid pace to keep the student from thinking in or translating into his own language. The pace of classes also builds student confidence and speaking competence.
- Correction: Students listen and speak throughout the lesson and all their errors are instantly corrected by the teacher.
- Repetition: Lessons are taught through constant repetition and revision of grammatically correct sentences.
We offer you two days of trial lessons, which are free if you subsequently sign up for a course.
Level Tests and Quality Control
On your first day at the Callan School, we will give you a test to determine your level in English that will allow us to place you in the appropriate class.
After this initial stage, we will follow your progress and control your learning speed. This personalized approach lets us prepare you with confidence, not only for the Cambridge exams, but also for your further studies and professional opportunities.
All our teachers are native English speakers. They are also trained in the teaching of the Callan Method. Choosing the best instructors is, for us, a priority, because experience has shown that careful selection of teachers is vital to the success of students.
Flexibility at the Callan School
Whatever your level of English, you can choose the length of study you want. You will always find a course that fits your university, personal or professional schedule.
Our professional and friendly staff will be able to:
- Offer you advice and information
- Organize activities such as parties, sporting events and trips outside Kraków to give you the opportunity to make new friends, all while studying at the Callan School.
Classes are offered all year long from Monday through Saturday, holidays excepted. The school is open from 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, and Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
One lesson lasts 50 minutes and costs 16 zl.
Between the hours of 10:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. the price is reduced to 15 zl.
You may enroll at the school for an unlimited period of time, but the minimum enrollment is for four weeks.
|Number of hours
|Price for 4 weeks|
|Number of hours||Price
|Price at all other times|
|1 x 3 hour||12||180 zl||192 zl||2 x 2 hours||16||240 zl||256 zl|
Students who pay for a minimum of 8 weeks receive a discount of 1 zl for each course hour.
A book costs 37 zl.